About Me

My photo
Chapelhall, Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
My name is Theresa Taylor, I spend as much of my time as possible in my Conservatory, which is converted into my workroom. Mainly sewing and patchwork producing.Applique work,embroidery, and many other projects and interests.

Monday 9 April 2012

Memory Quilt of My Daughters Life

Quilt made in memory of my Daughter Bianca who died April 2010.

I used material from her clothes, and relevant memories of her life to build the quilt.




She had a copy of this Gustav Klimt picture in her house.  She loved it.  I got the idea when I brought the picture to my house.  I then used the idea to copy, on to white cotton, with the help of my sister, Yvonne, who encouraged and support me.  I then embellished the quilt as I went along,  also part of her necklace which I sewed on to the quilt.  





 I machine embroidered her name and edged the fabric, using sequins and buttons, and  silk embroidery      thread to outline and finish the appliqué  hearts etc.




 I used small pieces of her clothing, on the quilt. Also beads and ribbon to finish.






This is the back of the quilt.  We called her Bee for short,  and she spent time with me in the garden, small glass beads,  and junk food buttons to remind us of her love of food,  also dancing figures, as she loved music and dancing.




I bought this lovely Turquoise fabric,  as it has gold bees printed on.  (Members of the family had strange encounters with Bees, in the days after she passed away).




A tribute to her, her life, and a memory for her son, Dylan, who was involved with the project.

The making of this quilt was therapeutic and gave me something to focus on in the months after her death.



2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you posting again Theresa, your memory quilt is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it had to be the right time..................thanks, love T x

    ReplyDelete